MUSIC THEORY AND COMPOSITION
:: ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE OF MUSIC ::
In these course we learn all required aspects of music theory, basic harmony and counterpoint, necessary for any musician. Includes advanced approach and techniques. Prerequisite to other courses.
- Pitch | Interval | Consonance and Disonance
- Rhythm | Metre
- Seventh Chords
- Twelve Tone Technique
- Motif | Figure | Phrase
- Development Methods
- Structure | Design
:: OPEN COMPOSITION ::
Course Description: The course is open for the composers to explore their own unique characteristics of music and/or intermedia composition. The topics are distinctive for each composer.
- Creation and development of original musical works.
- Advanced use of composition techniques:
instrumentation, orchestration, arranging, harmonisation, acoustics, musicality, characteristics of sound, articulations and embellishments.
:: BRAIN TRAINING ::
Course Description: The course is designed for the arts student who wants to improve the listening, learning, creativity and performance skills through boosting the powers of the brain such as speed, attention, flexibility, memory and problem solving.
- Brainstorming On Music Composition
- Brainstorming On Music Performance
- Brainstorming On Music Projects
- Brainstorming On Music Titles
- Brainstorming On Orchestration
- Brainstorming On Instrumentation
- Precision Music Composition
- Left Brain Listening | Right Brain Listening
:: TECHNIQUES OF CONTEMPORARY COMPOSITION ::
Course Description: The course offers concise and varied spectrum of musical ideas for music students of composition and analysis. This course is based on the book "Techniques Of The Contemporary Composer" by David Cope(ISBN 0-02-864737-8).
- The Tonal Legacy
- New Roles Of Melody
- Harmony, Counterpoint And Hierarchy
- Interval Exploration
- Pitch-Class Sets
- Rhythm And Meter
- Texture And Modulations
- Percussion And The Prepared Piano
- New Techniques And Instruments
- New Notations
- Musique Concrete
- Electronic Music
- Algorithmic Composition
- Media Forms
- Experimental Music